Friday, November 27, 2009

Apple-Caramel Cheesecake - A SUCCESS!


So, for 7 years I was in charge of making my pumpkin cheesecake because it was so delicious, but I felt like I was in a rut dessert-wise and wanted to venture on to other things....so, even though I did not venture too far, I think my choice was a success and from now on I will be making a different cheesecake for each Thanksgiving....making desserts should be fun and exciting and not a burden.....making desserts should make me happy and adventurous....so this year I made an Apple-Caramel Cheesecake and it was definitely a hit! So if you are a cheesecake lover this recipe is sure to make you and yours so very happy!

Apple-Caramel Cheesecake

1 - 21oz can Apple Pie filling
1 - graham cracker crust (i used store-bought this year)
2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. almond extract (if you don't have this, just do a full 1/4 tsp. vanilla)
2 - eggs
1/4 cup caramel topping
chopped pecans

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove 3/4 cup Apple Pie filling and set aside
- Put the remaining filling in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop up the apples a bit
- Spoon the apple filling into the bottom of the crust
- Beat together the cream cheese (I microwave it a bit to soften it even more), sugar, and extracts until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix until very creamy
- Pour over the filling in the crust
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (may need to be adjusted due to oven differences) or until the center of the cheesecake is set.
- Cool to room temperature

Topping:
- Place the remaining apple pie filling and caramel topping into a saucepan and heat for about one minute making the topping soft enough to spread.
- Spoon over the top of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle the pecan pieces over the top and refridgerate until ready to serve.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did this Thanksgiving...it will be hard to abandon this recipe for a new one next year....so I might just have to make it on a regular basis at home...I'm sure my boys will have no complaints.....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment